GamersFTW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GamersFTW

All Gamers all the time. Come in a bullshit about whatever you want.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fueled
Admin
Fueled

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Empty
PostSubject: GoldenEye 007: Reloaded   GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:12 pm

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Goldeneye_007_reloaded_3601boxart_160w

Published by: Activision
Developed by: Eurocom
Genre: Action
Number of Players: 1-16
Release Date: US: November 1, 2011
MSRP: $59.99
T for Teen: Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence
Also Available On: PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, Wii

Alright, let's first get this off my chest. The original GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64. There was something about that game, that just made me want to keep coming back. So, last year. Activision re-released the GoldenEye 007 game on the Nintendo Wii. Now it wasn't a port of the original game. However it was more like a game set in the GoldenEye universe, with none of the characters from the movie or original game. They had the names, just not the actors. However, that didn't bother me too much. I still wanted to play that game. Now, I don't own a Wii. Simply because it's just not worth it for me to own. When I heard that they were bringing it to the PS3 and 360 with beefed up graphic and additional game modes. I got excited, and now... for the review.

I popped the disc into my 360 and you start out on the Damn, then you'll notice that the game tells an almost entirely different story then the actual GoldenEye movie and game. However, they do show some of cool moments from the game, like the guard sitting on the toilet in the facility. However you can't shoot off his hat first. The after that you might recognized a few things here and there from the original game and movie. The satellite at the end is completely different. One of my favorite missions from the original game was the Train level and how at the end you have cut the trapped door in the floor with a laser from your watch. Thats not even in the game at all. No laser watch, you just shoot the locks off and then get out and no slow motion run while the train car explodes. Complete let down.

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Goldeneye-007-reloaded-20110819021850840_640w

Ok, now I'll dive into the main parts of the game. I'll start with the sound. The opening number, where in the original was sung by Tina Turner, so instead of doing that theme. They get Nicole Scherzinger from The Pussycat Dolls?.. seriously?. Anyways, the voice acting is ok from Daniel Craig, seems like it was just phoned in, same with Judy Dench. Other then that there isn't much voice work thats any good. Very forgettable part of the game. The music through out the game is borderline non exsisting, except for cut scenes. So they dropped the ball with this.

The graphics were pretty decent on the Wii version of the game, however. That's the Wii. This is the powerhouse that is the 360 and PS3 and they completely dropped the ball. The look of the game, looks like a game that came out 3-4 years ago. For sure could've used another coat of paint and polish. The level textures are all kinda blurry as well. Bond himself looks fine. They also changed the locales too much. But with boring locales, meh characters. It's just a let down.

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Goldeneye-007-reloaded-20110720091711114_640w

The gameplay is as generic as you get. You just walk around shooting things. The lowest difficulty is so easy it hurts, you'll have a hard time dying. However on the 007 difficulty is so cheap and unforgiving. It's just stupid. The A.I. are kinda stupid. One will run out and you pick him off, then another and so on. The gameplay is overall boring. All the levels feel the same. I am not gonna lie, I enjoyed Bloodstone more than this game. I was disappointed.

I will say this, the game isn't all that bad, there is no one online playing it. Cause the big wigs at Activision decided to release this game in the same couple of months as Gears of War 3, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Arkham City, Skyrim and Assassins Creed. Not very smart there. This game will get over looked and will under sell. So, I am not keeping it and it is currently listed on ebay to sell.

GamePlay - 7.0
Pretty generic FPS gameplay, the lack of gadgets that were in the original GoldenEye game was a let down.

Sound - 7.0
None of the original Voice Actors are in the game with the exception of Judy Dench as M. You get Daniel Craig as Bond then a bunch of people that no one cares about. The music is also forgettable.

Graphics - 7.0
Most of the visuals aren't as good as they could've been. Looks like it missed a few coats of polish

Long Term - 7.0
Not much of a reason to go back into the single player campaign, Online would be good, if there were people playing this game online. Poor release window Activision.

Overall - 7.0
Back to top Go down
https://gamersftw.canadian-forum.com
Meatbag

Meatbag

PostSubject: Re: GoldenEye 007: Reloaded   GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Well, agree with everything, but if it's the same as the Wii one, I'll add that the regular multiplayer is kinda lacking, and the online multiplayer (which for the wii is always packed) is fucking fun. And I was pissed about the shitting guard/hat shooting thing.
Back to top Go down
http://thenewyawker.darkbb.com
Fueled
Admin
Fueled

PostSubject: Re: GoldenEye 007: Reloaded   GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 pm

The online is just so blah, and ya. There's no one online playing really. The 360 and PS3 have a ton of games to play online where the Wii has a couple. there's also the MI6 mode which is just you pitting enemies against you and you select everything that happens. So not much depth there.
Back to top Go down
https://gamersftw.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GoldenEye 007: Reloaded   GoldenEye 007: Reloaded Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GamersFTW :: Gaming World :: Reviews-
Jump to: